Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Latest Asimov/Syrka

Siren arrived at the hotel Yorba with Syrka in tow. She did her job but this time she felt little consolation in the idea of her next upgrade. What Peyton, Feinburg, and Strassman would do to an Etherian captive she dared not think about, she cringed at the possibilities. Feinburg was there to greet their arrival.

"Awe Siren. You were successful yet again. Peyton will be more then pleased. Come let us talk."

"I am not sure you want my opinion right now Dr. Feinburg. I do not condone this course of action. Better we kill him now then subject him to whatever you may have in mind."

"Do you really think us so barbarous Siren? We will treat him with the respect the few remaining Etherians deserve. That is to say we have no plans to torture or otherwise hurt this one unless he should choose not to cooperate."

"I assure you. Feinburg is it? That I have every intention to cooperate. I know what will be asked of me and it has been ordained that I acquiesce."

"Interesting...We were not expecting this. It will be curious to see how Peyton reacts, she was already prepared to interrogate."

"Whatever happened to not being barbarous Doctor."

"I never said we weren't, I said 'do you really think us to be.'"

"I knew this was a mistake. The price I pay to pave my body with robotics." She looked on Syrka with pity.

A short while later they arrived at Peyton's office deep within the underground structure of the hotel.

"Greetings Etherian, I hate to bring you here under these circumstances but we require your assistance in opening this vault."

"And I have every intention of giving my assistance Asimov."

"What? Asimov? You mistake me for someone else sir. I am Peyton Sorenson."

"I would know you anywhere as the electrical apparition you are, the Asimov."

"Clear the room." Siren, Strassman, and Feinburg stood around seemingly confused. "Clear the room now! Everyone but Syrka leave immediately." They all turned more confused then ever but nevertheless did as instructed.

"What do you know of Asimov?"

"I know what there is to know. I created you, I think I would know my own creation."

"Created me?"

"Yes. I created Asimov, a thinking computer program, a sentient self-aware thinking computer program."

"I...I don't understand, to what purpose. The driving force of my existence has been to transcend these trappings. To become what you would call a soul, are you responsible for this...this drive?"

No comments:

Post a Comment